3/28/15

song of myself


summer - a time to forget about school and de-stress from all the pressure that comes with it, plus the added stress of everyday life as a teenager. some people have summer jobs, some are traveling overseas, and some are wasting time at home, doing nothing -- which isn't such a bad thing. this summer, i want to work on myself. lately, i've been feeling so insecure and unproductive and it's about time that i do something about it. instead of moping around, complaining about how 'fat' i think i am whilst i shove an entire bag of chips in my mouth, i'm going to exercise most days and have a healthy diet. instead of feeling unproductive, i'm going to push myself into writing more often -- whether it be in the form of a blog, a journal entry, a poem, or a short story -- and into finally working on that short film i've been planning to make for some time now.
 aside from what i mentioned, i also want to work on myself, as a person. with the risk of sounding like a complete cliche, i want to find myself. rather, i want to figure myself out, to create myself. i still have time to be able to do just that but i'm at a point in my life wherein i feel like i'm at a standstill. i'm not sure of myself as much as i'd like to be. i still need to figure out what i want to accomplish, what to do, what to be. but if i want to be able to do that, first, i need to figure myself out.






2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy summer - making a short film sounds so exciting! Although summer break is still a few more months away for me, I can't wait to be productive (besides the schoolwork kind of productive) and do something meaningful. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks love, hope we both end up accomplishing all our goals by the end of the summer! goodluck to us x

      Delete